Let’s learn the funnest, most interesting German Shepherd facts! We love all dog breeds, but German Shepherds hold a soft spot in our hearts.
Download and print these fun facts about German Shepherds coloring pages, grab your crayons, and enjoy a day filled with coloring fun.
German Shepherd Facts FOR KIDS
- German Shepherds are a kind of dog and one of the most popular dog breeds known for their intelligence, loyalty, and trainability.
- German Shepherds are the third most intelligent dog breed.
- The breed’s name was named Deutscher Schäferhund, literally translating to “German Shepherd Dog”.
- They are great service dogs and are often used in military and police forces, and search and rescue dogs. Due to their protective nature and trainability, they are also considered kid-friendly dogs.
- They are great farm dogs! They were originally bred as sheep herding dogs.
- Elliott S. Humphrey was an animal breeder who trained the first guide dogs for the blind used in the United States.
- German Shepherds have a double coat, consisting of a dense outer coat and a thick undercoat, which provides protection in different weather conditions.
- During World War I, this breed gained popularity as a military dog in the German military and was sometimes referred to as the “Alsatian Wolf Dog” in the United Kingdom.
- Rin Tin Tin was a male German Shepherd born in Flirey, France, who became an international star in movies.
- There’s a dog club for the breed, called Verein für Deutsche Schä (Society for the German Shepherd Dog) was founded in Germany in the early 1900s to promote the breed’s standardization and breeding.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR GERMAN SHEPHERD FACTS COLORING SHEETS
German Shepherd Facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with German Shepherd Facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE German Shepherd Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
What was your favorite German Shepherd fact?!