Today we have some super amazing Eric Carle crafts and activities based on all of his most popular books. We gathered not only a list of the best Eric Carle books, but scoured the internet for all of the best crafts and activities to go along with them. Kids of all ages will love and benefit from these Eric Carle books and crafts whether they are at home or in the classroom.
Eric Carle Crafts, Activities, And Books
I adore Eric Carle books, don’t you? They are some of my kids most favorite to read and the illustrations are beautiful. I love to be able to take a book that my child loves and create something to go along with it. It’s so fun to make our books come alive! Here are some amazing crafts and activities we found that are inspired by Eric Carle books.
This post contains affiliate links.
Crafts and Activities Inspired by Eric Carle Books
1. Fluffy White Clouds Craft Inspired By Little Cloud
2. Homemade Puzzles Craft Inspired By From Head To Toe
Turn some messy paint projects into homemade puzzles that look like the characters in From Head To Toe. From Red Ted Art.
3. Animal Craft Inspired By The Artist Who Painted A Blue Horse
Paint several sheets of paper in different colors and once they dry, cut them into pieces and form them into your favorite animal from the book The Artist Who Painted A Blue Horse. From Teach Preschool.
4. Reading Comprehension Activity Inspired By The Tiny Seed
This incredible comprehension activity allows your child to draw what they see in their mind as you read a story. From No Time For Flash Cards.
5. Yummy Polar Bear Edible Craft Inspired By Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear
Make a yummy polar bear treat to go along with reading the book Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? From Coffee Cups and Crayons.
6. Eric Carle Inspired Decorated Eggs Craft
Use tissue paper to make these gorgeous Eric Carle inspired eggs. From Red Ted Art
7. Chameleon Craft Inspired By The Mixed-Up Chameleon
This is a really fun activity to learn about chameleons and how they change colors with their environment. From Teach Preschool.
8. Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft Inspired By The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Make your own very busy caterpillar by painting metal cans! From Hands On As We Grow.
9. Painting Activity Inspired By The Mixed Up Chameleon
Inspired by The Mixed Up Chameleon, paint your own using several different methods to create textures like Eric Carle. From Meri Cherry
10. Eight-Legged Creature Craft Inspired By The Very Busy Spider
Make a friendly eight-legged creature inspired by The Very Busy Spider. From Molly Moo Crafts.
11. Paper Plate Craft Inspired By A House For Hermit Crab
Recreate a scene from A House for Hermit Crab with your little ones handprint, a paper plate and a few other craft supplies. From I Heart Crafty Things.
12. Bubble Wrap Paint Craft Inspired By The Mixed-Up Chameleon
Using bubble wrap to paint creates a fun texture. Try this and make your own mixed up chameleon. From Homegrown Friends.
13. Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft and Puzzle Inspired By The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Help your little one to create all the pieces of a caterpillar like the body, legs, antennas, etc. and then let them put it together like a puzzle. From Boy Mama Teacher Mama.
14. Sensory Bin Inspired By The Mixed Up Chameleon
This amazing sensory bin is inspired by The Mixed Up Chameleon. Make your play come to life! From Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails.
15. No Sew Costume Inspired By The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Make a very hungry caterpillar no-sew costume for some fun dress up play!
Love These Eric Carle Books? So Do We! Here Are Our Favorites
I can’t pick 1 favorite Eric Carle book. They’re so great and among my children’s favorite books. Eric Carle’s books are so unique, lovely, and educational and now you can get your own copies!
Our Favorite Eric Carle Books:
More Eric Carle Books Inspired Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
How did your craft inspired by Eric Carle books turn out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!