Today we are learning all about Texas with our Texas facts printable pages. Simple download and print the fun facts about Texas and have some fun while learning about this fascinating state. Let’s learn some facts about the Lone Star State with these fun facts about Texas printouts which are great for kids of all ages at home or in the classroom.
Free Printable Fun Facts About Texas
For example, did you know that Dr. Pepper was invented in Waco, Texas? Or that six countries have ruled over Texas? They’re true – and we have more fun Texas facts just like those! Click the button to download and print these fun fact sheets about Texas now:
You’re going to love that these facts are not only fun to learn, but also fun to color! Texas is famous for many things, like having hot weather, being the second largest state in the U.S., amazing BBQ, the Alamo, Six Flags… Can you think of anything else? Let’s learn some fun facts about Texas for kids. You’ll find these in our printable coloring pages, so be sure to print as many copies as needed!
Related: Fun facts for kids
Fun Texas Facts To Share With Your Friends
- The name “Texas” comes from the word “taysha” which means “friends” in the Native American language Caddo.
- Texas is the second-most populous state in the U.S. after California.
- Three of the most populous cities in the U.S. are in Texas, and they are Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
- Texas is 790 square miles long and 660 miles wide.
- Texas is often referred to as The Lone Star State because it was once an independent country, called The Republic of Texas.
More Texas Fun Facts
- Texas is larger than any European country.
- In fact, if Texas was its own country, it’d be ranked as the 39th largest country in the world.
- Texas is a stormy state and there are about 139 tornadoes a year.
- Dr Pepper was invented in Texas.
- The highest temperature ever recorded in Texas was 120° F.
This post contains affiliate links.
Download Your Free TEXAS Facts Coloring PageS Printed PDF Files Here
This Texas fun facts page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches. Download and print the pdf version of the Texas facts and using them as a printout or Texas coloring pages.
SUPPLIES RECOMMENDED FOR Texas Fun Facts Worksheets
Bonus interesting facts about Texas:
- There are more than 16 million cattle living in the state.
- Texas is the only state to be ruled by 6 different nations: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States.
- Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
- The armadillo is the official state mammal.
- The first word spoken from the Moon was “Houston”, on July 20, 1969.
- Lyndon B. Johnson was born and raised in Hill Country.
- Sam Houston was actually the first and third of the great state of Texas, which was known at the time Republic of Texas.
- Did you know December 29, 1845, Texas joined the US states and became the 28th state.
- Austin, Texas is considered “The live music capital of the world.”
- The Lone Star Flag design was approved January 25, 1839.
- The deadliest natural disaster happened in Texas and is know as the 1900 Galveston hurricane. It was horrible for all that were on the east gulf coast
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites perfect for this fun facts about Texas coloring page:
More fun facts from Kids Activities Blog
What was your favorite Texas fact?