This mom made a Target play store in her daughter’s playroom, and I think it is the coolest thing. Seriously, this Target play store has everything! A Target sales shelf, checkout line, even a Target Starbucks stand and table and chairs. And did you see the Starbucks menu on the wall? This Target play store has everything and is the coolest thing ever!
Target play store
What would the playroom of your child’s dreams look like? I was super girly and loved Barbie, pretend makeup, dress-up clothes, and teddy bears. Now that I’ve experienced the joys of Target…this Target play store would be my dream playroom if I were still a kid. We’ve seen plenty of cute ideas, but this Target and Starbucks playroom makeover might be the best toy epicycle we have ever seen!
This post contains affiliate links.
Awesome DIY Target & Starbucks Themed Playroom for Kids
Milwaukee mom, Renèe Leann, knew how much her daughter loved shopping at Target and decided to use that as her theme for Ariah’s playroom.
Related: Playhouses for kids
And what does most every Target store have inside?
A Starbucks, of course!
Target Playroom Details
For the Target store, Renèe began by repurposing a Melissa and Doug shopping center in order to make the main counter. Plastic shelving helps hold stock the store, along with Target themed signage and a matching shopping cart, even a bag for shopping needs and a name tag for Ariah, who is also employee of the month.
All the intricate Target store details make this playroom soooo adorable!
Starbucks Playroom Details
The Starbucks counter is made from a cube storage unit, with inexpensive wood and flooring added to it. Renèe painted the rest to match typical Starbucks coloring and logos. There’s even Starbucks’ drinks which she made with plastic cups, paint, caulk, and puffy paint!
How Did this Genius Mom Create This Awesome Target Play Room?
All the details are there, thanks to Renèe’s graphic designer sister. She created the logos, price tags, menus, sale signs, and wall decor to make the store theme complete.
A friend even made little Ariah a Starbucks’ apron for dress-up.
This has to be one of the coolest playroom makeovers ever, as is evidenced by the nearly 10,000 Facebook shares of Renèe’s original Facebook post.
We’d definitely like to go have Starbucks at Ariah’s Target shop too!
Our Favorite Target play store Items
Want to try to put together your own Target play store for your kids? We got you! We’re not all super handy, but painting and putting stickers on premade toys seems doable! And these are our favorite items you’ll need to make a Target play store.
More Target & Starbucks Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Waffles are a necessity at our house and we love our Target waffle maker so much!
- Target baby cribs are awesome. Convenient to pick up and you can find something that is a good style match for your room decorations.
- OK, it isn’t exactly the Target store, but every mom who has tried the potty training target has raved about it!
- Gift cards from either Target or Starbucks are on the top of the “want list” for teacher appreciation week – we have awesome ideas even if yours is virtual (or partially virtual).
- Need a printable Starbucks thank you card? <–We got ’em!
- If you are creating your own home Starbucks, check out this easy recipe for Starbucks hot chocolate copycat.
- If you are like me and totally confused by the Starbucks cup sizing situation, check out our friend over at Totally the Bomb who is an expert on Starbuck sizes. She also has a crazy amount of information on Starbucks menu…including all those secret menu items that you are dying to try!
What is your favorite part about this Target and Starbucks Kids Play Room?